Monday, April 13, 2009

Accident

Well yesterday I got into an accident. My very first too. I was on my way home from my boyfriend's house with my friend Faison (she was driving) and we were sitting at the corner of Starling and HWY 172 to turn left onto 172. It was about 7:37. We pulled to a stop, looked left, looked right. Coming from the right was green car towing a trailer with a canoe or something on it and were turning into the turn lane to turn onto Starling. They were about 100 150 ft back and slowing so Faison was going to turn. She says she swore she didn't see anything to the left, I don't know if she looked or not. 7:38 about. She started to turn the wheel, pressed the gas, I looked up, saw the red car and then bam we hit. We were slammed to a stop and whiplashed forward. I swear my vision blurred. Not everything going by, but my actual vision. When I came back up from the whiplash I saw the red car go into the ditch on the other side of the road. We weren't going fast enough for either the seatbelts to react or for airbag deployment.

We both just sat there for a second and then Faison started freaking out because she couldn't find her phone. Mine was in my lap and I remember not being able to see very well but notreally noticing. It was like the edges of my vision were black and I was kind of detatched until I started to talk. She went to get out and I told her to try and back the car up out of the middle of the road. She threw it in reverse and the whole car creaked in agony and went a couple inches. I said screw it and she parked and turned it off. When I went to open my door it only opened about 6 inches before it creaked and groaned and protested so I kicked it open and climbed out. That's when I noiced the red car had slammed into the green car before rolling into the ditch. Or maybe the green car hit the red one, I'm not sure. Me and Faison walked ver to the side of the road and that's when I thought of the baby and my adrenaline hit. I started shaking and trying not to cry and kept holding myself. People startd parking and walking by to the other cars and asking if we were alright. We called my dad, her mom, then Shaun who came with his mom.

I knew the girl in the red car, she had a cut on her forehead by the hair line and she slit the skin between thumb and forefinger on her right hand and said she had to to get stitches, and she had the baby in the back (who was fine) and some guy in the car with her. There was another lady in the green car who went with the ambulance to get checked at the hospital. I was scared shitless and so was Shaun. He said he's never been that scared in his life. The EMS guy said that I should be fine since I've had a healthy pregnancy so far but if anything feels abnormal to go get checked. They told us we'd have some sore muscles for a few days which I'm a bit stiff in the right side and the back of my neck mostly. I was praying to the Goddess so hard till I went to bed. I'd take any pain if She'd keep the baby safe.

I'm pretty sure I'm ok, everything feels fine and Faison's feeling real guilty, but me and Shaun have been trying to ease her up. I made her laugh at least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment