Hey everyone. Well, we mineaswell start with the intro. Name's Aileen. I'm sixteen, a practicing Pagan, and I just found out, well, I'm pregnant. Wow, bam, shocker right? Yea, it is. Not to some, I'm sure (when they find out... some of my friends probably have bets on the day that I'll slip and get preggers), surprisingly more than I thought it would be to me. I thought I wasn't, was determined that it was just in my head (or my body being random again) like the other "I think I'm pregnants" and I wasn't, and yet, here I am, the day after I stood in my bathroom at 5:50 in the morning staring at those two little very BRIGHT pink lines on a home test, excited and scared and laughing and crying, starting a blog that I want to keep updated throughout my pregnancy.
Phew, wow. Ok, breather. Now on to the important stuff. I started keeping track of my periods, approximate ovulation time windows, and whenever I had sex months ago, after the first time me and mine made love, between a good site called www.MyMonthlyCycles.com and my calendar. So I had a good guess on when I was to ovulate, and when my last period was supposed to start.
- My suspected ovulation time window was between January 23 and January 27.
- I had sex multiple times, wow I was thinking like a smart girl, in the weeks prior and of.
- My period was supposed to start, according to the site's calculator, on February 9, the Full Moon.
- Started a bit of cramping the week before (which is still going on, my friend says it my body adjusting), which was the week after I ovulated, so I figured this month it would be on time. Guess not. Figured after a few days, it was normal to be a bit late. Two weeks, figured stress from trying to keeps A's in two honors classes, Spanish II, and AP US History and arguing constantly in my house with my mother.
- Here's the catch: yea yea, sore breasts, everyone knows that, but it's also a sign of your period coming on. Ignored for the most part. Hunger spike, nothing new. Tiredness, not new either. Then came the not feeling good. About February 15 (a Saturday) I had an upset stomach at night, same with the following day. I was fine for about a week, and then it came back the following weekend, about Feb. 21-ish. Ever since then I have had almost constant nausea, and where even though I eat and get full physically, I'm still starving. I've now fallen asleep on the couch four times this week. Thankfully my mom's left me there.
- Ok so a friend was supposed to get me a test, she said she did, but forgot it Tuesday, and Wednesday, and big surprise, Thursday. So, I ask my boyfriend to grab one from his work, like he's done a couple times before, and bring it when he comes to see me that night. So he does. Now, by this time he has it set in his mind that I'm pregnant, even though I tell him I don't think so, but by now I'm mostly trying to convince myself. So we sleep the night and he leaves in the morning. I grab the test and my cell and go in the bathroom, lock the door, then realize I need a cup. I go find one in the cabinet in the dark, then do the deed. The box says test result should appear within 1-3 minutes. I turned around to dump the rest of the cup's contents in the toilet, turn around, and there's two BRIGHT ass pink lines staring up at me. I just notice it as I was turning and do a double take, then look at the box to make sure I was reading it right. Under positive, it shows the bright first line, then a faded second line, under negative it shows just the first bright one. I had both lines, and they were both solid. I'm speechless, then I freak. Grab the phone, text my lover, the whole nine yards, then the whole speal of "Oh my gods" and almost crying but not. Jump in the shower, mind racing, jeez what have I gotten myself into?
- So, Shaun gets to tell me "Told you so" and I note I should trust his instincts a hell of a lot more.
- So I'm thinking I'm right at about a month. Oh, and I've decided I want a midwife, and a home-birth. None of that hospital crap. Not for me. He wants to still think on it, but we'll see ;D If I could have a Pagan midwife, that would the best thing in the world, but we'll see what we can find. I can guarantee my mother will NOT be happy in the end.
Speaking of instincts, he thinks it's a girl. Not just because we both want a girl (first), but he honestly has one of those "I already know" instinctual things he gets and, laughing, asks if I wanna bet on it. Boy oh boy this is going to be interesting, and I think quite, enjoyable.
Oh, and I'm planning on cleaning up my altar (which I've neglected since Yule) and making a Birth Altar, while Shaun's working on a protection charm. And I'm wondering if Shaun unconsciously having a cinnamon broom by his bed the last couple months and my working on my chakras to aliviate some back pain led me to get pregnant this time and none of the other times... just a pondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment