Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Little Catching Up

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've been able to post anything, and trust me, the time has not gone by uneventful. Since my last post we told my mom (him and I together) and she then told my dad (via e-mail). Let's just say that things haven't gone over too well and things are still almost at full boil, but gradually cooling to simmering. My dad keeps on with the idea that my life is ruined, my future he had dreamed for destroyed, etc. etc. Both of my parents are also insistent on my continued removal from my boyfriend (now fiance, since the day we found out :D ). Every new thing I learn every new bit of information I grab i try to share with both him and my mom. But, every time I bring up anything to do with anything on the subject my mother gives me this look that's a cross between "Please just shut up and let me think this isn't happening," "You're really grating on my nerves and I'm NOT happy with you so don't think easy converssation on it is going to make me feel any better," and "I really, really, really am thinking you did this on purpose." It's, irritating.

My dad even went as far as to e-mail me saying if I wanted to go to prom this Saturday (my junior prom) that I had to go and get an abortion. I gave him an ear-full of a lot I'm sure he didn't want to hear or expected to hear. Then he changed his mind and said I could go, but that it didn't change anything he'd said (which was a lot).

I finally got to the doctor today. There was a group orientation, a dating scan (my first ultrasound), and I had to give 7 vials of blood and a urine sample for lab work. According to my last period I should be at 11 weeks and 5 days today and be 12 weeks Thursday. According to the ultrasound I'm already at 12 weeks. So my due date is still roughly estimated as and 15 or 16 of October still. I'll upload the ultrasound pictures when I can get a hold of my sister's scanner. When she first put the scanner thing on my belly the first image that came up was its hands. Then I got to see the whole body, the heart beat (and hear it), and see it move. Once she turned the speakers on and the heartbeat rang out I started to cry and couldn’t stop. My mom didn’t let my boyfriend come to the first appointment and I didn’t know that a dating scan meant an ultrasound, so I was upset because he should have been there, that and it’s so, emotional… so, indescribable it is seeing that little human being that’s growing inside you for the first time, seeing it move and hearing its heart (which was 156 bpm). It’s a hell of a lot different than seeing someone else’s on TV.

After that we made my next appointment (which is my full physical and when I meet the doctor and probably my midwife) which is Monday at 3:40. He’ll be going to that one. That’s when I found out that not only are the naval hospital’s midwives unqualified for homebirths, but the naval hospital doesn’t have the facilities for a water birth, so I have to figure out how I’m going to do that. I’ll have to have a ‘civilian’ midwife who does home water births but I don’t know if my dad will change the Tricare so I can do that.

It took about 3 hours of cleaning my room with my mom to get her convinced to let him over for a few minutes to see the pictures. At first she didn’t want to let him come over but I finally got her to. It’s, going to be hard. I have no idea whatsoever how it’s going to be after my dad comes home, which is Sunday (Saturday’s prom).

No comments:

Post a Comment